Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Small progess

Things are moving along again. I made repairs to the head form the best I could. The cracks were pretty bad! An entire chunk of the chin fell off, even! I was originally only going to use bondo, but I needed to do a lot of reconstruction with clay first.


You can see the slightly darker gray parts where I fixed stuff. The whole nose had to be sawed off and reshaped too, since the crack created asymmetry. I like how round it is now, though. The mouth still needs to be adjusted to be more centered, but I'll get to that later. Sometimes it just takes looking at things through a camera screen to notice symmetry flaws!

Next, I spent the next day giving her a Bondo Facial.


I did several layers for the remaining cracks, and then coated nearly the whole face in bondo, and sanded it down to help smooth out the nooks and crannies. I'll be finishing that up tomorrow. I don't know how smooth I'll try to get it at this stage, but anything will probably be better than sanding away at the finished fiberglass piece! Luckily since the back of the head will be covered in "hair", I only need to make that "good enough", heh.

5 comments:

Kiwi said...

Looks awesome RinRin, go on!

Yu said...

Wow, you're back at work~
Nice one~
Can't wait to see more~^_^

cici said...

Rin, great job and a lot of hard work so far... Keep going, she is going to look absolutely marvelous...

Yui said...

wow Rin Rin making a cute mask mold hehe...(^_^)thumb up

Juliankandy said...

What did you make this out of?